Popular Posts

5/08/2011

French Manicures.

Yesterday I had this odd yearning to paint my fingers, but not traditionally - I really wanted to do a french manicure. Some steps to doing one?

1.) Apply your favorite base coat (I've been doing this every time since my yellow-stained nails incident, which you can read about here. I fixed that by the way - it required quite a bit of time spent with a nail file). I like Witchcraft's Nail Whitener.
2.) Apply 1-2 coats of a pale pink, light purple, or clear nail polish. I did one coat of OPI's Kiss on the Chic.

3.) Using a white nail polish, paint a line across the edge of your nails (creating that classic french tip). If your line isn't as opaque as you'd like, add another coat. I used Loreal's French Tip Manicure.

4.) Apply your favorite top coat to keep your manicure lasting longer and add shine. I used OPI's Top Coat.

And it's as simple as that.

Don't mind the writing on my hand, but here's a picture of the final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!