I found myself in a bit of a pickle last night - it was my sister's graduation today and I, being the band kid that I am, got to play at her ceremony. This involved getting up at 6, which meant going to sleep early, which lead to not having enough time to wash my hair. Third day hair can be a train wreck if left alone so I ran around trying to find a substitute for a dry shampoo. Lo and behold, I came upon this recipe, which I feel the need to share with the world.
- About 3-6 tablespoons of cornstarch
- A bobby pin, toothpick, popsicle stick or spoon
- A small bowl
- A plastic storage container
- Something to scent it with - essential oil, dried flowers, etc
- Pour cornstarch into your bowl. Note that measurements don't need to be exact by any means.
- Add a few drops of essential oil, dried flowers, etc. I used some lavender essential oil that I got when I went to Provence. It's important to not put in too much to keep the corn starch from turning into one large clump - just enough to add a nice fragrance to the product.
- Using a bobby pin or spoon, mix up the mixture until there are few clumps and everything is well combined.
- Transfer your dry shampoo into a storage container with a lid to prevent spilling or dust.
- To use, take a small amount (a pinch or so) and massage into your roots. I prefer to flip my hair upside down over a sink, which prevents messes. Make sure to shake the corn starch out after.
So, what do you all think? I've also heard of witch hazel being a good, natural dry shampoo - what are some that you've heard of?