Popular Posts

4/09/2012

Review/Nail of the Day - 04/09/12

I wanted to rave about a lovely product I've had on my nails for over a week - the Sally Hansen Real Nail Polish Strips in the shade 530 Aflorable. When I went to Victoria over spring break, I saw these and thought the print was adorable. Sunday of last week, I applied one of these to each of my nails.

Per package, you receive 16 strips (each good for one to two nails, depending on your nail length and width), a small wooden stick, and a nail file. 


The first thing I wanted to say was that the selection is absolutely phenomenal. The amount of shades that are available, ranging from animal prints to solids to florals to glitters, is amazing. No matter who you are, if you like nail polish, there will be a shade for you in this line of products.


These applied well - no bubbles, and were easy to file down and shape to fit the nail. I used a base coat underneath, and I think that made the strips stick to my nails better. Afterwards, I actually put on 3 layers of my favorite top coat - Konad's top coat. I know this seems like overkill, but it's actually worked out quite well for me.

For staying power, the box claims that these should last up to ten days. Though I can't say anything about that claim yet, it has been eight, and none of my nails have chipped. My only issue is not related to the product - there is a space between where my nail begins and where the polish begins, because my nails have grown during the time I've had these strips on. 

The verdict? Amazing. The selection is amazing, the staying power is amazing, the application is amazing, and I've gotten tons of comments on how cool my nail polish is. Best of all, I have 7 strips left over, so I'm going to paint all of my nails except my ring fingers one colour, and wear a strip as a sort of "colour pop". I might even do a NOTD post on that :)


The last thing I do want to mention is the price. Now, in Canada, these retail for around $12 - the same price as a full-sized OPI polish. Though the staying power is great, I don't think these are worth that much of a splurge. However, for a one-time thing, I whole-heartedly recommend them!

Would you try these?

4 comments:

  1. They are super cute! I've been wanting to try them out, and you've just convinced me to do it!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe I'm so glad! I'm actually going into day 10 with them on and no still chipping :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!