Popular Posts

4/30/2012

April Favorites!

Now I know that everyone says this, but I can't believe April is already over. It absolutely flew by and May is going to be a busy month! However, I'm excited to share my favorites with you all - so let's get into it :]


Starting with non-makeup favorites, my first is going to have to be the Quo Crease Shadow brush. It's absolutely phenomenal and I might just have to pick up an extra one. Everyone needs a good crease brush, and this is amazing - I use it to apply a wash of colour across my lid, apply crease shades, blend said crease shades, and even apply and blend concealer. Much like a MAC 217 (which I still need to try!) this is an all-in-one product. I even got it on sale. 


Quo Crease Shadow Brush, $7-$13, Shoppers Drug Mart
Only available in Canada - Sorry!

My next product is the Vaseline Cocoa Butter body lotion. I recently finished yet another lotion, and I pulled this one out of my stash to try again. After just a few uses I can really tell how amazing this lotion is. It's incredibly moisturizing, non-greasy and smells really good too.

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lotion, about $5, drugstores
Moving on into makeup - face products. The first is going to be pretty surprising seeing as I'm pretty sure I mentioned how much I disliked this product in one of my Project Pan blog posts. This is the L'oreal HIP cream blush in Enamoured. The reason why I disliked this so much at first was because of the quality and how dry it was, but once I got through the first layer it got much creamier and blendable. It's a beautiful, wearable shade of pink that looks super natural on the cheeks, and the staying power isn't too shabby either.


L'oreal HIP Blendable Blushing Cream in Enamoured, assorted prices, Ebay, Amazon, All Cosmetics Wholesale, etc

My next face product is the Benefit Erase Paste concealer. This is a phenomenal concealer on a whole, and if I had the right shade I would love it even more. It is in medium (I got it from a set) and it's waaaaay too dark for me. However, I like to apply this underneath my foundation on any blemishes. I find it gives a way less cakey look because the foundation looks smooth, but my problem areas are still concealed. It's a winner for me.

Benefit Erase Paste in Medium 2, $30, Sephora
Last is something I don't know if I've mentioned yet. It is the Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Pearl. This product comes in two shades, the other being "Gold", and it is absolutely gorgeous. The reason why I love this so much is because it is so natural - it has slight shimmer but mostly just leaves a subtle sheen on your face. I actually like this much better than Benefit's High Beam. The only downside is the steep price.
Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Pearl, $37, Sephora
Moving into eye products, my first favorite is the Stila eyeshadow in Kitten. I love this because it has such great colour payoff and texture, and is absolutely gorgeous on the lids. I like to pair this with a matte taupe or brown colour, and I love the natural look I can achieve this way. 


Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten, $23, Sephora

Last for eyes is the NYX Eye and Eyebrow pencil in White. You can probably guess where I put this - on my lower waterline. What this does is it extends the whites of your eyes downward, so that your eyes generally look bigger and more open. The pencil itself isn't the creamiest but I like that because the white looks much more natural and subtle. It's also matte, which means it's more natural as well.

NYX Eye and Eyebrow pencil in White, about $4, certain drugstores and Ulta
Aaaaand I just realized that I forgot to take a picture of the eye pencil in detail. Sorry!

For lips, I have two products. The first is the Urban Decay lipgloss in Naked, which I got from my Naked 2 palette. To start, the packaging on this is AMAZING. It is the most gorgeous lipgloss tube I own. The actual colour is very pigmented, has a great consistency and scent, and there is something about it that just makes my lips look really good. It's like a my-lips-but-better colour.

Top: Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked, $23, Sephora
Bottom: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in 
Rosé, $22, Sephora
Last but certainly not least is the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rosé. This my mom gave me from her birthday set (which was amazing) and I've found that I love it. It smells like lemons, and gives a very pretty, subtle pink tint to your lips. In addition, it is incredibly thick and moisturizing. If your birthday has not yet happened this year, I would recommend becoming a Sephora Beauty Insider (it's free!) so you could try out two of these for your free birthday gift :)

That's it! Thanks for reading :) What has your favorite product been this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!