Popular Posts

8/08/2012

How to - Make Your Own Tinted Moisturizer!

This blog post is embarrassingly simple but I thought I'd share it with you all anyways. I actually find this technique to work better than most tinted moisturizers that you can purchase and it's a good way to use up concealer or foundation that you might not be as fond of!

You're going to need:

1.) A concealer or foundation of your choice. I used Kat Von D's tattoo concealer but also thought about the Revlon Colorstay foundation.

2.) A moisturizer of your choice. I like the Clinique Even Better because it works to correct your skin tone while keeping your skin hydrated and protecting it from the sun. Also, it works well because it is white, so it mixes with pigment well.


3.) A brush to mix and/or apply the product with (optional).

The steps are fairly simple - essentially, I took a fair amount of the moisturizer and applied it to the back of my hand. I think I used about a quarter-sized amount. Next, I applied a bit of the concealer to the back of my hand. I used about a pea-sized amount for this. I mixed the two together with my flat foundation brush from Costco, and applied it to my face using my Sigma F84 Angled Top Kabuki brush.



I didn't use enough moisturizer initially, so I added more later. Play around with it until you get the consistency you like.

So that's it! I know it's embarrassingly simple but I figure I might as well pass along this tidbit of advice. What's your favorite "unconventional" beauty trick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!