Popular Posts

1/26/2012

Model Talk - 5 Tips To A Whiter Smile.

Has anyone ever heard of a "model white smile"? I'm not really sure just how white your teeth have to be in order to me "model white" but I do know that models have to try and keep their teeth as white as is humanly possible. It's amazing how something as simple as whiter looking teeth can completely change your appearance for the better and really brighten up your face.

Today I thought I'd share some of my tips and tricks for keeping your smile bright. Keep in mind that these tips aren't the only things you can do - there are plenty of other natural remedies as well. These are just my personal tips and what I do every night.

1. Brush your teeth! I know this goes without saying but it's really important. Whether you have an electric or manual toothbrush, this is the most important tip!

 

I personally like to use the Oral-B Sonic Complete toothbrush - I got this for free from the orthodontist when I got my braces. For toothpaste, I'm a big fan of the Sensodyne Whitening - it doesn't do a heck of a lot of whitening but it's really good for when my teeth are sensitive, which I'll talk about later in this post.

2. Floss! Flossing is super important because it gets out any food particles in between your teeth that your toothbrush may have missed. I honestly don't find it necessary to floss twice a day - once every day or every two days is sufficient. I like to use the Oral-B Glide 3D White floss because it claims to whiten. (Not sure if it really works - but it's good floss!)


3. Brush with baking soda. This is something that isn't necessary at all and it tastes absolutely horrible. However, it is really amazing for keeping your teeth nice and white and it also helps to really scrub your teeth clean so they feel super smooth and dentist-clean afterwards. I really recommend brushing with baking soda - it's a really nice natural whitening agent. I just put toothpaste on my brush and then dip it into this container to coat everything in baking soda.


4. Follow up with mouthwash. If you're brushing with baking soda I find it imperative to rinse out your mouth after to get the taste out. I like the Crest 3D White mouthwash because it claims to have the same ingredients as whitestrips and it's very minty. I only use a little bit partially because you don't need a lot - but mostly because I'm running low and can't be bothered to go out and buy another one.


5. Whitestrips! These are amazing for quickly whitening your teeth. These are just a strip that stick to your teeth and form to coat the surface. I have the 2 Hour Express ones, which come in a pack of four that you leave on your teeth for two hours, for a visibly whiter smile.

Honestly, I think these are overpriced. At $70 (in Canada) for a box of four strips, that's a little steep. Also, I think when I used the first one there could have been a lot more difference in how white my teeth were - though I did see a bit of a change. You can only use one of these once every three months, so that's why I would recommend trying some of the products I showed above. However, you can also purchase Whitestrips that are gentle enough to be worn for 30 minutes every day. I find that these make my teeth painfully sensitive, however. Sensitivity-wise on these strips, I found it was pretty bad the day I did the strips but I did notice that my teeth were completely fine the day after, which could be attributed to the toothpaste I use. All in all, if you have the money to purchase these, I'd recommend giving them a try. If not, there are plenty of other ways to whiten your teeth.



So that's it - 5 easy tips to a whiter smile. If you're reading, what is your number one tip for your teeth? I'd love to see what other people do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!