Popular Posts

1/26/2012

Review: Vasanti Blush in "Rockies"

So I thought I'd do a quick little review of a really fantastic blush I've been meaning to talk about for a while now. It's from the brand Vasanti (I'll link the website here so you can take a look at some of their products if you wish). Vasanti is a Canadian company founded by three women which doesn't test on animals - something that is really great in cosmetics.

I got this particular blush in a Glymm box a few months back (for more information about what Glymm is and an example of what products you get in a box, check out my unboxing haul here). It's in the shade Rockies.

First of all, the packaging on these blushes is phenomenal. It's sleek and all silver, with a magnetic closure. I absolutely love the way that the brand name is printed on the top, and it's very travel-friendly since the blush is quite small.


The size of the blush is really quite small, which can be negative but it's so pigmented that you don't need to use very much anyway. As for the colour, it's a gorgeous coral pink with a hint of gold shimmer to it. I think this particular colour would look fantastic in the summer with a bit of a tan but it also is really good to brighten up your look in the winter. I also think this would work on all skin tones.


This colour is actually very similar to Benefit's Bella Bamba - not so much in the pan but swatched side-by-side and the blush colours look almost identical. 

Upper: Benefit's Bella Bamba
Lower: Vasanti's Rockies

Here are swatches of both. It's hard to get swatches to look good on camera (I use an iPhone to take my pictures!) but on the right is Rockies, and on the left is Bella Bamba. One thing that is interesting is that I actually found the Vasanti blush a lot more pigmented - I had to build up Bella Bamba quite a bit to get a good swatch. However, they're both beautiful blushes. 


This blush retails for $15 (it's cheaper than a MAC blush!) and is sold online and in certain drugstores.

So, what do you think? Would you rock a really bright colour like this even if it's not summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!